Frequently Asked Questions
CommissionSpot™ is an online application that you sign up for and access from our Website. The application has a subscription fee for organizations. Our vision is to provide our customers with the most comprehensive set of applications available anywhere; and for those applications to have enough features to make your user experience worthwhile.
- Who is behind CommissionSpot™?
CommissionSpot™ is a product of Origin Software, Inc. a US-based company that has been creating and selling cutting edge software solutions since 2003. The company has tens of thousands of customers worldwide, is privately held and profitable.
- What is the main advantage of using CommissionSpot™?
CommissionSpot™ unifies the commission process making it easier for businesses to manage all their payouts while dramatically reducing the cost. But being more productive and saving money is just the beginning of using CommissionSpot™.
While using CommissionSpot™ your data is securely stored online on our servers and can be accessed from anywhere. This means as long as you have Internet access you can access your CommissionSpot™ data from any computer and enjoy a productive and convenient working experience wherever you go without the hassle of bringing your computer with you.
- Is my data secured?
Many people ask us this question. And rightly so; Origin Software has invested a lot of time and money to ensure that your information is secure and private. We offer security on multiple levels including the physical, software and people/process levels; In fact your data is more secure than walking around with it on a laptop or even on your corporate desktops.
- Physical: Origin Software's servers and infrastructure are located in the most secure types of data centers that have multiple levels of restrictions for access including: security cameras, limited access systems, and no signage to indicate where the buildings are, fire suppression systems, etc.
- Hardware: Origin Software employs state of the art firewall protection on multiple levels eliminating the possibility of intrusion from outside attacks.
- Logical/software protection: Origin Software deploys anti-virus software and scans all access 24 x7 for suspicious traffic and viruses or even inside attacks; All of this is managed and logged for auditing purposes.
- Process: Very few Origin Software staff have access to either the physical or logical levels of our infrastructure. Your data is therefore secure from inside access; Origin Software performs regular vulnerability testing and is constantly enhancing its security at all levels. All data is backed up on multiple servers in multiple locations on a daily basis. This means that in the worst case, if one data center was compromised, your data could be restored from other locations with minimal disruption.